Over the years, Rome Pilgrimages has partnered with Catholic organisations, companies, Parish groups, universities, schools and private people from across Australia, to send groups of 20+ people to Rome.
WHY CHOOSE ROME PILGRIMAGES?
- Rome is the Eternal City, centre of the Christian World, home to the popes and the place where many early Christians were martyred.
- The pilgrimage gives an opportunity to visit many religious and cultural sites such as St Peter’s Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican Museums, the mayor basilicas: St Maria Maggiore, St John Lateran, St Paul Outside the Wall, the Catacombs, the Roman Forum and the Colosseum. And other sites associated with the Apostles, Saints and Christian martyrs, as well as places where there had been apparitions of the Virgin Mary.
- It will strengthen a person’s beliefs and their faith as they journey through the first centuries of Christianity and better understand the life of the first Christians.
- To be close to the Pope, his message and see and worship the site that marks the death of the first Pope, Saint Peter.
- To understand the universality of the Church by seeing and meeting many other Catholics in the various churches and gatherings.
1800 753 959